Saturday, October 12, 2013
1 cup of organic flat parsley leaves
1 organic orange pealed and halved1 organic banana pealed
2 TBSP of hemp seeds
1 medjool date
1 TBSP maca powder
2 TBSP cocoa powder
1 cup spring or filtered water
Blend well in a good blender. Enjoy!
Thursday, July 25, 2013
So easy and so delicious... like the old fashioned milk shake, but without bovine growth hormones and other "not so good for you" ingredients.
- 1 stalks of organic celery washed and chopped
- 1 organic banana (previously cut in rounds and frozen is best)
- 1/2 cup of organic hemp seeds
- 1 cup spring or filtered water
- 1 organic medjool date (optional)
Mix it all in a blender like Nutribullet or Vitamix. Enjoy!
Suitable for macrobiotic (in the summer heat only), raw, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free and Paleo diets.
Sunday, July 21, 2013
- 2 lb of organic chicken breast
- 1 organic yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 inch of ginger finely sliced and chopped
- 1/2 cup of organic raisins (you can also use cranberries!)
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed
- 1/2 tsp of dry thyme
- 1/2 tsp of coriander
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Heat oil on medium heat in a large skillet, add onions and spices. Saute for couple of minutes and add raisins. Let raisins to absorb the juices, move the mixture the the spots with less heat and place chicken fillets. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Brown on one side, turn, and sprinkle with salt and pepper again. Wait until the other side browns. Cover with lid and cook on low heat until done. If the onion-raisin mixture starts to caramelize too quickly, add a bit of water.
Suitable for gluten-free and Paleo diets.
Ditch the store bought variety that looks more like a chemistry kit than real food and make your own. It takes literally 3 minutes, but you will save yourself from unpronounceable ingredients, GMO soy and MSGs that are often disguised under innocuous names like "hydrolyzed vegetable protein", "seasoning", "flavoring". For more info in MSGs go here.
- 1/4 organic extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- 2 TBSP of organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP mirin
- 1 TBSP flesh lemon juice
- Juice from of 1/2 inch of ginger minced and squeezed using garlic press
- pinch of crushed dry rosemary
- pinch of chili powder
- 1/4 tsp of dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
Blend all ingredients. Serves 6.
Goes well with any fresh salads containing tomatoes or as a tomato dressing alone.
Suitable for gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, macrobiotic and Paleo diets
Saturday, July 13, 2013
- One leaf of kale, washed and torn into smaller pieces
- One small zucchini, washed and cut into chunks
- One banana
- One date
- 10 raw cashews
- add 1 cup of spring of filtered water
Blend the ingredients in a food processor like Nutrabullet or Vitamix. Enjoy!
Suitable for macrobiotic, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free and Paleo diets