- 2 lb of organic chicken breast
- 1 organic yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 inch of ginger finely sliced and chopped
- 1/2 cup of organic raisins (you can also use cranberries!)
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed
- 1/2 tsp of dry thyme
- 1/2 tsp of coriander
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Heat oil on medium heat in a large skillet, add onions and spices. Saute for couple of minutes and add raisins. Let raisins to absorb the juices, move the mixture the the spots with less heat and place chicken fillets. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Brown on one side, turn, and sprinkle with salt and pepper again. Wait until the other side browns. Cover with lid and cook on low heat until done. If the onion-raisin mixture starts to caramelize too quickly, add a bit of water.
Suitable for gluten-free and Paleo diets.