Sadly, this superfood is under the very real threat of being contaminated by genetically modified (GM) species of salmon. There is still a chance to stop approval of GM salmon by petitioning FDA and members of congress. Just follow the links.
Do your part to ensure you save this treasure for the generations to come, then enjoy the dish.
- Off season I use frozen fillets. Salmon can go from freezer to oven without skipping a beat.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a glass baking dish mix 2 TBSP olive oil, 1 TBP balsamic vinegar, 1 TBSP lemon juice, 2 TBSP finely chopped dill, 1 tsp dry thyme, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Rinse fillets in cold water and place them skin up into the dish. Let sit for about 5 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Turn the fillets over. Scoop the dill mixture, place it over the fillet and pop them into the the oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until there's no longer raw pink color inside. When the fish is ready it flakes easily. Make sue not to overcook it, for even the fatty fish like salmon may become dry and crumbly.
Suitable for Paleo, macrobiotic, gluten-free, pesco-vegetarian diets and lent