Roasted root veggies are perfect for cold days any time of the day. Here I used turnip and sweet potatoes. You can add carrots, butternut squash, rutabaga... whatever is at hand.
Preheat oven to 400F.
- two large purple top turnips cubed
- one large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- one medium onion cut lengthwise into 8 sections
- one table spoon olive oil
- one teaspoon sage powder
- one teaspoon dried thime
- sea salt to taste
- one cup of fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- zest from one small-medium lemon
Put veggies in a glass baking dish and drizzle them with oil, sage, thyme and salt, coat well and put them in the oven uncovered. Bake for about 40 minutes or until tender, stirring couple of times. Drizzle with parsley and lemon zest, mix well, turn off the oven and put the veggies back for 5 minutes to absorb the flavors.
Suitable for paleo, vegan, vegetarian, macrobiotic, gluten-free diets and lent